Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Fun Weekend in W


 I scooted off last weekend to the Wisconsin Museum of Quilts & Fiber Arts Where I was lecturing and teaching a two day class on True Herringbone Quilts, using partial seams, from my New Book Modern Quilt Magic.

It's such a great class to teach, as folks are so convinced they are difficult, and they find out that it really is like MAGIC when they sew together like a breeze! 

Here are a few pics from the class of 22 students from all over... Texas, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois... I really appreciate them all coming the distance.

It's great having that size of class so we can learn from each other as we talk about design and color choices and tricks!


I've gotten a lot of very good feedback on the book, and MANY people have picked up the book and jumped in to try the class projects!  YES! The book is broken down, so that each new TRICK I am teaching you is achieved by learning it FRIST in a small scale project. The book is written just as I teach it, so be sure to READ, LOOK and MAKE!

Do you have your copy yet?
click here.






We have many new products in the store, including the Florid Blooms templates that have been so high in demand! ( for my giant DWR ) 
Also!
We have our booth assignment for Houston International Quilt Festival! Come to the booth and say hi!
Booth 2335 on the main aisle.

International Quilt Festival in Houston
Houston, Texas on Friday Sept. 8th


I happened to be in Houston the week after the storm very briefly on my way to California, and I'm here to tell you the International Quilt Festival will go on as planned at the George R. Brown Convention Center. All roads from the airports to hotels to the convention center are dry and Houston is open for business! The best way to support Houston right now is to come and enjoy Houston Hospitality and visit the International Quilt Show!
...AND! VFW Quilts will be at Festival with a booth!
Booth 2235 , so make sure you come by to see me! Information regarding the festival can be found here. Nov 1st - 5th, 2017 


NYC DAY CLASS IN MY HOME
December 6, Victory Block Class               ONE SPOT LEFT!!

2 comments:

  1. I understand how to make the single braid - but putting two together really throws my mind for a loop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't get over this great place I recently visited! This isn't only a good place. It is also one of the best around here. There isn't a listing of the unique offerings, although there should be! This venue New York was magnificent!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment!
I appreciate your taking the time to say hi!
Have a fabulous day!